Mine - Worked in 1920s and 30s for
micaceous haematite and red ochre. Land publicly owned and access
Pepperdon Mine - Also known as Moorwood. Developed in 1930s and started production in 1940s. Closed in 1951 and
mine buildings converted to a private house.
Peck Pits - Early tin working, possibly 16th century or earlier. Series of large pits and waste dumps. Some workings visible from public path.
Casely - Iron mine, near site of earlier tin streaming on the Wray Brook. There are also some old workings visible from the public path on the opposite side of the main road (Lower Elsford Mine).
Kelly - Being worked in 1797. then intermittent use until 1951. See main pages for details.
Hawkmoor - Opened in late 1800s. Closed 1902. On private land. No access.
Hatherleigh - Nothing known. Shaft filled in.
Shaptor - Opened in 1892 and worked until 1911. Some remains can be seen from the Shaptor Rock public footpath.
Plumley - Worked from 1896 until 1911. ln private ownership.
Yarner - 19th century copper mine. Part of nature reserve.
Devon Wheal Frances - Westward extension of Yarner lodes in 1800s. Some workings visible on open moorland.
Becka Brook - Tin streaming carried out. Probably medieval.
Haytor - 19th century iron mine extracting magnetite for Welsh steel works.
- 19th century mine, probably
haematite. Site now obscured by forestry.
Bennah - Working in 1850s but little actual production.
Aller - Intermittent activity from 1850s to 1879.
Adams - Started in 1839, amalgamated with Wheal Exmouth in 1853.
Exmouth - Opened in 1820s and worked until 1875. Large lead mine, also producing silver and zinc. Engine house restored as house, public path crosses the site.
Shuttamoor - Worked until 1911. Small mine employing 2-3 workers.
Frankmills - Largest of the Teign Valley lead mines. Also produced silver, barytes, flourspar and haematite. Closed in 1880.
Great Rock - Major producer of micaceous haematite (‘shiny ore’). Closed in 1969 and site cleared. Last working 'shiny ore' mine.
Hennock - First recorded in 1812, worked intermittently until 1840s.
Bowden Hill - Late 1800s iron mine, open cast work running across hill top. Land now farmed.
South Exmouth - Worked in 1860s, at one stage employing 122 people. Abandoned in 1868.
Riley - Manganese mine recorded working in 1875.